This weekend we:
- Went to the North Asheville Farmers Market and bought goat cheese rolled in cracked black pepper from the Spinning Spider Creamery, eggs, and pork chops from Spring House Meats,
- Visited Animal Haven and their new thrift store,
- Picked blueberries and made blueberry muffins,
- Went to lunch with friends,
- Mowed the lawn,
- Picked loads of tomatoes and made salsa,
- Babied the chickens,
- Started the last step of refinishing Monkey's big girl bed.
- And listened to the Monkey talk and babble non-stop.
Animal Haven is an animal rescue in Asheville. If you check out the adoption page you will see two dogs that I just fell in love with. I am especially in love with Blue, an Irish Wolfhound/Terrier (yes, just imagine that breeding...). He and his brother, Black, were rescued and then "enrolled" in a dog training program at the Black Mountain Women's Correctional Facility. They passed with flying colors and are now up for adoption fully-trained. Big Daddy reminded me to be realistic and realize that I didn't need a dog quite so large and that I was looking for a pure bred this time to train for agility, obedience, and tracking. He sure was sweet though and he really isn't THAT big...