Wednesday, February 23, 2005


4:44 p.m.

After a morning at the gym, the Monkey and I came home and played outside. She dragged her little folding chair down off the front porch and sat out in the sun. I had to laugh. It has been a beautiful day. I saw a wasp. The birds are singing and chattering. I know spring is officially a month away (and even farther away here in the mountains), but I can't help but feel a little uplifted.

I cleaned out the fish pond and all three fish have made it through the winter. I can't wait to tackle that area this spring. The pre-formed pond the previous owner put in doesn't quite suit my sensibilities, but will do for now. I started planting up the area last year and hope to continue with some more native plants this spring.

I've got my lists of seeds ready and need to place my orders. In another month we should be able to put in the cool crops (maybe even sooner for some). In about two months I'll be able to get my baby chickens and keep them all warm in the garage until they can go live in their newly constructed chicken house and yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment