Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Cruel Tuesday


12:37 p.m.

Winter wins once again. Yesterday the high was 58 degrees with a winter storm warning for the evening. The storm arrived in the night. The wind kept me awake. The wind and my stuffy, mucous clogged head. I woke up and watched the trees out my window bending at unbelievable angles. I don't particularly like to see 70 foot tall trees bending quite like that. I watched the rain turn to snow. The snow doesn't seem to stand a chance. The ground is too warm for it to stick to much but the taller grasses. It keeps falling and blowing though.

On our way to kindermusik this morning I saw plenty of downed branches. A tree had fallen across the road, but someone had cleared it off to the side. It's disheartening and a little frightening to see a 100 foot spruce cut in to chunks and moved out of the road. As I drove along I kept thinking of one falling on the car. Should I drive faster or slower to avoid falling timber?

I'm fighting a cold and sore throat. The chicken soup I made on Sunday has been my meals for the last couple of days. Lunch today was the last bowl. I think I'll make some curried beef and noodles tonight. Maybe the peppers will kill the virus raging in my head. My recipe calls for a cup fresh basil. I'm going to have to leave that out. It cost more at Ingle's than the sirloin that was on sale. I'm on a tight budget this week. I can't wait until summer when I'll have so much basil that I won't know what to do with it all. I'm dreaming of fresh basil and tomatoes.

Today it is snowing. The temperature is 28 degrees. Spring is 14 days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment