Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Another Day as Mom - I'm Tired

We had another playdate today. We met for lunch and then went to the children's museum. We haven't been to the museum before. It's an o.k. kind of place. It's not that fancy or elaborate. I kind of felt like I was paying $9 to play inside. Monkey had a good time so I guess it was worth it.

The news has been inundated with reports from Asia after the Tsunami this week. I'm trying to digest it all. Death tolls of 50,000 to 60,000 are staggering. That's more than the population of my home town. All those lives just wiped out in a matter of minutes.

I didn't sleep last night. Not because of the Tsunami. I'm not sure why. I haven't been sleeping well lately at all. Too much floating around in my head. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some sleep tonight. I think I need to take a nice hot bath. What I really need is a day or two to myself. I think I should go check into a hotel and do nothing. I'd take some good books and order my food in. I asked for this for my birthday and Christmas, but nobody took me seriously. I'd feel much better I'm sure, if I could sleep.

I started work on a children's book today. I hope I can stick with it. I think it may be a good idea. I've got an audience to try it on at least. It just takes away from what little time I have to paint.

I need more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment