Sunday, November 11, 2007

11 November, 2007


11 November, 2007, originally uploaded by maggiesfarm.

I once did daily photos of the "view". I think I'll try again, but store them on the flickr site.

It's a big happy birthday to Charlie today. He spent the day playing with his new techno toy. Thank God it didn't come from that particular website... wheh! Well, there will only be socks and underwear for Christmas.

Gigi and I went for a long walk in the woods. We almost literally ran into a barred owl (or rather, it almost flew into us). Things that large should not fly silently. Gigi is now completely exhausted and passed out on the kitchen floor. She is one of those dogs who picks up sticks the entire time you are walking through the woods. Sometimes they are more like logs. No matter what they tell you, border collies are not always that smart, particularly when the branch is wider than the opening between two trees. I chuckle heartily at my pet's ineptitudes...

Biscuit didn't go with us, as she as been rather mopey and under the weather. She would not eat yesterday, and only ate a miniscule amount of food today. I had to coax her with a duck egg cracked on top of her kibble. I'm calling the vet first thing in the morning to get her in and see what is wrong. It's not like her to be this way and I'm a little worried.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:20 AM

    Hey, happy birthday to Charlie!

    We had a similar owl experience yesterday. Boy, was I surprised! I guess I didn't realize they really *do* fly silently. It was a very cool encounter, though.

    Hope Biscuit is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you view of the day pics! I did the same thing once with one tree for a month long period. I never developed the film though--I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete