Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stopping the energy hogs

Our switch to clothesline over electric dryer has saved us a bundle this summer in electrical bills. Changing many of our bulbs to florescent has helped as well (although I'm tentative about the whole mercury thing and there is the color of the light thing that bugs the artist in me...) Here's something for those in this area - I found on a shelf at Greenlife on Merrimon free bulbs! You have to look a little. I think they were in the cosmetic/supplement section maybe near the fish oil, if memory serves. Imagine. There are so many ways to cut back a little, save some cash and reduce energy consumption. e4 has given some really helpful hints on cutting our computers' energy gobbling habits. Soon, I will be brave and tackle that "octopus" behind my desk, I promise.

2 comments:

  1. I switched to the compact flors too. Hopefully by the time they burn out, there will be easier ways to recycle them to prevent the mercury from going everywhere. But I'm with you in the light department--I can't stand the cast they give off. My digital pictures have suffered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate your blogg post

    ReplyDelete