Thursday, January 22, 2009

Opening your eyes


crow art, originally uploaded by maggies farm.

I saw the crows out in the chicken yard yesterday before I went to let the poultry out. They like to visit and search for morsels the domestic birds, in their spoiled condition, leave behind. They left a record of their passing in the snow. For a brief time it was there - a perfect pattern of searching. Soon the tame birds would obliterate their mark.

One thing I am relearning is to see things around me. Not just look, but see. We all have the ability to see beyond looking. Sometimes it takes effort. Sometimes it is a moment of grace. My painting project is helping me. Looking for a moment, I'm seeing many. Choosing a moment is a little harder. And there are successes and failures. That is fine. The successes make it all worth while.

What did you see today?

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's cool. Now I wonder if they walked those paths simultaneously and nearly bumped into each other at the crossing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:25 AM

    great blog:)) I love your art
    so many great blogs in US, I also love: sharonastyk.com (farmer and writer)
    theautomaticearth.blogspot.com (financial news, crisis)
    baa

    ReplyDelete